Itchy and dry skin is a serious skin issue faced by many people in our regular life. We have plenty of oil glands in out body. When they stop producing oil naturally, it causes dry skin. Other reason may be environmental factors such as humidity and cold weather. The causes of itchy skin are skin allergies, allergies from pet, plants, food, and dry skin. The skin becomes dry mainly in winter season when humidity is very low. At the same time, itchy skin causes are endless. There is not any particular area that is more suspected for itching.
Itching may affect singe body part or the whole body. For different persons, causes of itchy skin are also different. So it is hard to predict what causes itchy skin. When your skin becomes dry, you start scratching over it and that particular area is more suspected to itching and red spots. As dry skin and itchy skin are most common issues and they are interrelated, expensive cosmetic products cannot solve the issue. Best idea is to opt for home remedies for itchy skin which are readily available, safe and inexpensive. Home remedies for itchy dry skin have no side effects and ensures problem free skin within few days. Some of the best home remedies are –
- Fill your bath tub full of water and add some milk to it plus some oat meal and baking soda. At last stir all the ingredients properly and take bath. The solution will definitely reduce all skin problems like dryness and itching. Te best part about this treatment is that all the ingredients are readily available at home.
- Drink plenty of water daily. Consume at least eight to ten glass of water daily to keep your skin hydrated. Dehydration is one of the biggest reasons for skin dryness and itchy dry skin.
- The best idea is to run slice of cucumber at the affected area. Cucumber produces cooling effect and makes your skin healthy and problem free.
- Other popular home remedy is aloe Vera. Rub aloe Vera directly at the affected area. This is very much effective home remedy that ensures smooth skin within few days.
- Crush and boil the Neem leaves and take bath from the prepared solution. Secondly, buy Neem oil and apply over the affected area for avoiding itchy dry skin. You can also apply coconut or Lavender oil instead of Neem oil. You can also take advice from health experts.
- Prepare a smooth solution with two tea spoon milk, egg yolk, and honey. Now apply the solution over affected area for twenty minutes. Now wash the affected area gently and use clean towel to dry it.
- The other effective treatment is lemon juice. Mix avocado oil and lemon juice together and apply it over the dry skin. Then wash the affected area with clean cold water. In this way, you may get relief from skin problems like dryness and itching. If you are still facing any issue then you are advised to consult health expert.